Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sacred Everydays


…From a devotional by Ann Voskamp…with much gratitude.


“This is the wonder: that of all the days of the year, the most important one is the everyday. The everydays that are the most days of the year. These, the most days of our lives.
I think about these everydays that have kids hanging paintings on the fridge and me taking sun-dried sheets in off the line, these are the important days. Everydays when I trip over LEGOs and the laundry mounts into its very own range and I finally think of something to make for dinner when the head's weary tired and I set out the dishes and they all come. All this.
This is the sacred everyday.I can miss it. How holy the moments are.

How do we find ways to somehow live awake to the astonishing, ordinary wonder of all this?
How do we find ways to somehow live so that everyday is consecrated?
We must find ways.

For the ways we live our everydays is the way we live our lives.”
Psalm 105:1
Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness.
Let the whole world know what He has done.

No comments: